Sunday, August 31, 2014

Sunday Evening

Tonight I am soul-weary. My body is  also remarkably tired. Though being worn out  doesn't help matters, this is a distinct problem.
This exhaustion is caused by frustration, hopelessness & worry.
T still won't eat.
Or drink.
He doesn't want to move.
He doesn't seem to be in pain, but he just wants to lie on his back. That is alarming for any 2 year old, but especially for my go-getter.
Everyone agrees that he needs physical therapy (PT) and occupational therapy (OT) to evaluate him. The docs ordered it. But it's Sunday. Tomorrow is a holiday. Therapists don't work weekends or holidays. (remind me to look into becoming a therapist when I have an empty nest)
It's not all doom and gloom here, though. T does still like to dance.
I read some Charles Spurgeon earlier that seemed to be meant for me. I am not suffering as many others are, but today is hard. Here are some lines:
Happy storm that wrecks a man on such a rock as this! O blessed hurricane that drives the soul to God and God alone! Oh, tempest-tossed believer, it is a happy trouble that drives thee to thy Father! Now is the time for feats of faith and valiant exploits. Be strong and very courageous, and the Lord thy God shall certainly, as surely as he built the heavens and the earth, glorify himself in thy weakness, and magnify his might in the midst of thy distress. The grandeur of the arch of heaven would be spoiled if the sky were supported by a single visible column, and your faith would lose its glory if it rested on anything discernible by the carnal eye. May the Holy Spirit give you to rest in Jesus this closing day of the month.
I am definitely weak. My prayers have become simple: God, show us what is going on. Thank you for this boy.

copyright (c) Elizabeth, Bug's Beef. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments. If comments are snarky, I'll publish them, but not respond. If the comments are hateful, they will not be published. If they're nice, I'll pray a blessing over you as I publish your comment. And maybe even blow a kiss!