Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Eat Your Veggies

My friend Shannon sent me a fabulous recipe awhile ago that I want to share. She knows I'm a big fan of avocados, and thought I would like it. Boy, was she right! This pudding became an instant hit at my house.

Here's the original recipe.

Here's mine:
1/2 medium sweet potato, cooked
1 medium avocado
2 tbsp cocoa or carob (sometimes I use 1 tbsp of each)
Maple syrup to taste
Liquid of choice for blending (I use soy milk, coconut milk or water)

Plop everything into the food processor. Blend until creamy.

I tried the dates that the original recipe calls for, but they were too hard to blend well, even after soaking. I've also used a banana instead of maple syrup to add the sweet kick. Some people like using rice syrup or other ingredients to get the desired sweetness.

Here's a peek at the finished product:




And. . . a picture of my husband, stealing my pudding. He totally took advantage of my hands being occupied with the camera.



copyright (c) Elizabeth, Bug's Beef. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments. If comments are snarky, I'll publish them, but not respond. If the comments are hateful, they will not be published. If they're nice, I'll pray a blessing over you as I publish your comment. And maybe even blow a kiss!