Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Chump Change

Almost as soon as our hearts were crushed God started speaking to us about forgiveness.

It's not "should" or "could" or "would" or "pretty please." It's a command from God. Fortunately, He also gives us the strength to do it.

So I have found myself forgiving those that hurt me over and over again. It's not a one time thing. Every time I feel angry or resentful, I know I need to forgive again.

I could expand on this for a long time, but my baby boy is going to be getting out of the shower soon, and I want to cuddle with him while he's wrapped in his hooded towel.

Read the last part of Matthew 18 in the bible. If you don't have a Bible, click here.

To listen to my pastor's sermon, which included a brief teaching of forgiveness, click here. It's the sermon that was preached on January 30, 2011; titled Ephesians 4:25-32 Part V. If you don't have time to listen to the whole thing, then click ahead to the last quarter of the sermon. Though I think it's worth your time to listen to the whole thing.

XOXOXO

copyright (c) Elizabeth, Bug's Beef. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments. If comments are snarky, I'll publish them, but not respond. If the comments are hateful, they will not be published. If they're nice, I'll pray a blessing over you as I publish your comment. And maybe even blow a kiss!