Thursday, January 27, 2011

Devastation

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair;  persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 2 Corinthians 4:8-9

There is no baby. The woman lied about being pregnant. She lied about it being a girl. She lied about her due date. She lied about being in labor. She lied.

So here we lie.

We lie down in this field of pain, confused and overwhelmed. I have felt every possible emotion today. Many of them at the same time. These have been my states: Rage, betrayal, happiness, rejection, comforted, confused, tired, content, angry, hopeless, bitter, joyful and distracted.

I don't know how everything is going to shake out in the next few days. I know our arms remain empty. I also know, though, that God is good. And I'm not just saying that 'cuz He's reading over my shoulder. He really is good. Even through is. Especially through this. He had a path of comfort layed for us before we even stepped on the road of grief.

The day before our daughter died I was reminded that Scripture tells us that Jesus takes our pain personally. Whatever happens to us, happens to Him. He feels each sting. He sobs each tear. The moments before I received the crushing call I was listening to a message about God's comfort. As I hung up the phone I was immediately surrounded by sympathetic tears and hugs and prayers.

He really is good.

The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised. Job 1:21

copyright (c) Elizabeth, Bug's Beef. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments. If comments are snarky, I'll publish them, but not respond. If the comments are hateful, they will not be published. If they're nice, I'll pray a blessing over you as I publish your comment. And maybe even blow a kiss!