Monday, October 4, 2010

A Baby Bump

We have a baby bump. No, my abdomen is not increasing in girth. We have hit a snag in our process to adopt.

The agency that we felt we were supposed to use has us now waiting for the waiting list. They are so backed up, with so few babies available, that we can't even get on the waiting list yet. Ugh.

It hasn't caused me to crawl into the depths of despair, though. This obstacle is making me more curious than anything. We know that there is a specific child for us to adopt, just as there was a specific child that we gave birth to. I'm really just trying to figure out how to get my hands on my child. Do we go with another agency? Do we stick with the current one? Is it both? Do we have a couple of kids, and each agency has them?

Questions, questions.

In the mean time, though, I got the nursery painted. Woo hoo! Four colors of paint later, most people would think it just looks green at first. But closer inspection reveals a subtle color wash that softens it up quite a bit. (I'll try to remember to take a picture and post it, but I'm not sure the colors will show up well)

Even though it looks likes we're eons away from having our baby, I am still confident that God has a baby for us, and that she will be arriving very soon. So I'm nesting. The nice thing about nesting for an adopted baby is I have a lot of energy. It helps keep my focus on the promises we have from God, and off the barriers that keep getting erected. Not that I'm burying my head in the sand, I just find it easier to do something with my belief, rather than sit around reminding myself that He is faithful.

If God brings me to your mind in the coming weeks, will you pray this verse? God showed it to me last week after we heard from the agency. It's perfect.

Now may our God and Father Himself and our Lord Jesus clear the way for us to come to you. 1 Thessalonians 3:11

I pray that God clears the way for us to our daughter, and quickly. Amen.

copyright (c) Elizabeth, Bug's Beef. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments. If comments are snarky, I'll publish them, but not respond. If the comments are hateful, they will not be published. If they're nice, I'll pray a blessing over you as I publish your comment. And maybe even blow a kiss!