Friday, July 29, 2011

Life is Not Fair

For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few. Matthew 7:14 ESV
I was reading Desiring God by John Piper the other night. (a highly recommended read) This verse kicked off a chapter. I couldn't get past it.

It seems I have always known that the gate to Heaven is narrow. I can't recall the first time I heard it. Yet, I was struck by it. By the unfairness of it.

So often I readily identify when life is unfair against me. But this time I was bewildered how unfair it is for me. I have done nothing to deserve this privileged path. God has made the hard way possible (and delightful!) I didn't find the path, it was shown me. Had Jesus not sought me out, I would not be one of the few.

Life isn't fair. Usually it takes from us. But for those of us who belong to Christ, the unfairness is reversed. We are given extraordinary treasure. Unfairly, we find ourselves walking the path of life with Jesus.

copyright (c) Elizabeth, Bug's Beef. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments. If comments are snarky, I'll publish them, but not respond. If the comments are hateful, they will not be published. If they're nice, I'll pray a blessing over you as I publish your comment. And maybe even blow a kiss!