Friday, April 1, 2011

Another Bump

Our adoption journey continues to be very curious.

From November to January we were presented to four different birth moms. Each chose another family to parent her child.

In January we were presented to a birth mom who chose us to parent her baby girl. We later found out she's a fraud, thief, liar, all-around not-nice person.

In February we were presented to a birth mom who chose us to parent her baby boy. She gave birth to him last Friday. She decided not to place him in our home. She is going to parent him herself.

I don't think all these adoption losses are a coincidence. I'm just a bit curious on what is happening in the heavenlies.

In hind site it seems the loss of the little girl in January may in part have been to help capture a person who was devastating families. She is currently wearing a striped outfit in a small, uncozy room as she waits for her trial.

I have no idea why we lost the little boy last week. I will say that our hearts are filled with peace, though. I think our friends and family are having a harder time understanding why we keep experiencing so much loss.

Now that life has turned out so very differently than I anticipated, I'm looking forward with great expectation. I have no idea what to expect or even hope for.

Through it all, God is good to us. Jesus is both tender and strong enough to guard our hearts.

I'll keep you posted. . .

copyright (c) Elizabeth, Bug's Beef. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments. If comments are snarky, I'll publish them, but not respond. If the comments are hateful, they will not be published. If they're nice, I'll pray a blessing over you as I publish your comment. And maybe even blow a kiss!